According to updated guidance received from DIA and IDPH on June 30 we have created the following visitation plan for Phase 1, which is the most restrictive phase. We will remain at this level for at least the next 14 days. Phase 2 will be very similar and only expands on compassionate care visits, the remaining criteria will all remain as written here.
The following types of visits will be allowed and the visiting criteria are listed below:
- Types of visiting allowed:
- Closed window visits via telephone with the visitor standing outside the closed facility window
- Outdoor visits or open-window visits – are allowed as long as the facility is not in an outbreak status (3 or more residents with suspected or confirmed COVID-19) and only allowed for residents that are asymptomatic and not confirmed COVID-19 positive
- Indoor compassionate care situations are restricted to end-of-life and psycho-social needs; these visits are under limited and controlled conditions, initiated by the facility, and compliant with social distancing and wearing face masks, and at the discretion of the facility.
- Visits must be in accordance with all facility guidelines for visiting or the visitor will be asked to leave.
- All visitors must be screened at the reception desk and receive a visitor badge prior to visiting, regardless of whether the visit is indoors or outdoors, including window visits.
- Visitors are required to answer screening questions and take their temperature prior to receiving a visitor badge. They will be required to wear a face mask through out the visit and maintain social distance.
- Visits should be by appointment only. Visiting hours will be 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding holidays at this time, with two visiting slots available at a time, scheduled on the hour.
- Each resident will be allowed up to 2 visitors at a time and limited to 45 min.
- Visiting surfaces will be disinfected between guests.
Visiting will begin on Monday, July 6. Appointments can be made by calling Erin Anderson, Activities Director at 712-276-3821 x3130 beginning July 2. Please leave a message if there is no answer and she will return your call.