Wellness With You In Mind
Wellness is a lifestyle in our community. We have found a clear link between healthy aging and the proactive pursuit of wellness.
Sioux City's premier rehab center. We offer physical, speech, and occupational therapy.
Our Physical Therapists work to improve your ability to move your body, to increase your strength, and to maximize your ability to move within your environment. Following a thorough evaluation by the licensed Physical Therapist, an individual treatment program is established in conjunction with your physician.
Occupational therapy: helping you get back to your life. Occupational Therapy refers to the “occupations of life” which are the tasks of everyday living. Occupational Therapists assist you in gaining independence with the basic skills required to take care of yourself. These" Activities of Daily Living" include feeding ,grooming, dressing, bathing, and home-making skills.
Speech pathology programs developed for individual needs. Speech-Language Pathologists provide assessment and specialized treatment programs for overcoming speech, language, comprehension, cognitive (thinking) or voice
disorders. Our Speech Language Pathologists are trained in treating
swallowing disorders, known as dysphagia, a
common problem in the elderly.
A fun, social class built around memory games, word puzzles, brain teasers and topic discussions! It is a great class to meet new people!
A fall prevention class that focuses on sitting and standing techniques, proper breathing, and posture.
An easy-going, seated fitness class that offers resistance exercises for each individual’s fitness needs. It also focuses on proper stretching techniques.
A class that strives for harmony between body, mind and spirit. This seated class is designed to ease tensed muscles, increase flexibility and improve organ function.
How Sunrise Wellness Benefits You
- Offers a holistic approach to wellness-using a multi-dimensional model of wellness, our wellness activities address the whole person with the goal of improving your quality of life at any stage of wellness.
- Improves care outcomes-results have shown that participants reduce their risk of falls with injury, depression, impaired cognition and unplanned hospitalizations.
- Improves satisfaction and engagement-in the journey of wellness, our program helps provide a fun, interactive and supportive activity experience that keeps you motivated and moving.
- Improves quality of life-helps keep you independent longer and improves your daily social and emotional engagement.
- Promotes lifelong learning- fosters a culture of wellness and lifelong learning through a variety of educational offerings.
- Provides an integrated experience- wellness activities and classes are integrated within the community calendar of events and are easily accessible to help you achieve your wellness goals and improve your quality of life.
For more information, please contact:
Wellness Coordinator, 712.276.3821 ext.7059