Allergy symptoms occur when your immune system overreacts to something that is harmless to most people. This substance is known as an allergen.
What are the symptoms?
- Runny nose, stuffy nose, sneezing. This could also be cold symptoms.
- Wheezing, shortness of breath.
- Rashes. These come in many forms.
- Fatigue, irritability.
- Nausea & vomiting.
Allergy symptoms begin in Februrary. The most common is Ragweed. This is a plant that grows everywhere. Managing your symptoms is knowing your triggers. Symptoms may last year round. An allergist is the best bet to find what will manage your specific symptoms. Some things to do to help with the symptoms:
- Monitor the pollen by listening to the weather reports. The pollen count is usually highest in the morning.
- Keep windows & doors shut at home and in your car.
- Take a shower, wash your hair and change clothing after you have been outside.